Reporting to the Executive Director for Institutional Partnerships, the Director is an integral team member responsible for building ACUE’s market position by assisting with business and partnership development, marketing, post-sale strategies, and operational tactics that will enable ACUE to achieve its goals. The successful candidate will work closely with ACUE’s Institutional Partnerships team as well as across functions to execute against ACUE’s growth strategy.
I. New Customer Acquisition
- Identify, develop, and secure new institutional customers to adopt ACUE’s Professional Development program, course and certificate
- Assist in developing various partnership models, packages, and pricing structures for institutional partnerships, including enterprise agreements, per seat programs, and custom content
II. Account Management & Customer Satisfaction
- Manage existing accounts within territory
- Expand reach at existing accounts and identify areas to grow course-takers each year
- Manage customer feedback loop to ensure customer satisfaction and that such input informs product development
- Implement CRM to track partnerships from inception through implementations
III. Marketing & Partnerships
- Work closely with ACUE’s marketing and communications team to implement market-making strategies, conduct customer outreach activities and represent ACUE at conferences
- Assist with management of strategic partnerships
IV. Organizational & Services/Program Development
- Work with ACUE’s executive team to implement account management and sales function, e.g. through regional specialization, sector specialization (2-year, 4-year, for-profit), etc.
- Work with ACUE’s executive team to plan and leverage B2B relationships to form robust relationships with individual educators, including peer networking and job sourcing capabilities
Skills and Experience
- Proven success selling educational solutions into the US post-secondary or K-12 market, with experience working with Provost-level institutional leaders, or comparable business development experience
- Experience selling online teaching and learning programs and related services, preferably in a training/professional development context
- Results-oriented with a commitment to near-term revenue goals and long-term strategy
- Experience negotiating and structuring complex, multi-year deals, RFPs, and contracts
- Business and financial acumen to form strategic business and territory development plans
- Exceptional communication skills to message and communicate the company’s vision and mission, and present to senior higher education leaders, advisors, and potential partners
- Analytical abilities, including business and deal/financial modeling, pricing strategies and execution, and business case development
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where change is a constant
- Travel estimated at up to 50%
- Based in territory and ACUE HQ
- Connection with/affinity for education and ACUE’s mission
A competitive compensation package will be provided commensurate with experience and responsibilities. This full-time position includes salary, a sales incentive plan and a generous benefits program.
To apply, please submit:
- A current resume
- A cover letter which expresses your specific interest in and qualifications for this position
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Regional Director of Institutional Partnerships” in your subject line. Only email expressions of interest will be considered.
Must reside in territory and travel to campuses in assigned territory that includes Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina. Travel to accounts outside of the territory and to the ACUE Main Offices as necessary.
This position will remain open until filled.