I. Collection of Information
We may collect some or all of the following types of information when you access our content and features, register through our Services, submit content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
• Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
• A photo identification, such as a passport, driver’s license or national or state identification card;
• User name and password;
• Demographic information, such as age information and gender;
• Professional and education history;
• Payment card information;
• Photos, video, and audio information;
• User postings, comments, and other information that you submit to user forums;
• Communications preferences;
• Search queries;
• Correspondence, feedback, and other information that you send to us; and
• Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Your internet protocol address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
• Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
• Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
• Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
• Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
• Standard server log information.
We may receive additional information about you—such as the websites you have visited—from sources such as data brokers, data cooperatives, and public databases.
II. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Provide you with the products, promotions, services, and information you request;
• Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
• Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
• Publish comments and other information posted in our interactive online features;
• Verify your identity;
• Process payments;
• Customize and personalize your use of the Services and provide you (and enable our partners to provide you) with promotional materials, relevant content and advertisements, surveys and questionnaires, and other materials; and
• As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
III. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
• Affiliate and Partners. We may share your information with affiliates and select partners for a variety of purposes, including research, business, operational, and promotional purposes.
• Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services. We may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Services. Third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites.
• Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, manage databases, perform analyses, or send communications for us).
• In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, or similar event, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
• Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
• Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to collect information through the Services.
IV. Social Networking
We may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
You also may be able to link an account from a social networking service (e.g., Facebook) to an account through our Services. This may allow you to use your credentials from the other site or service to sign in to certain features on our Services. If you link your account from a third-party site or service, we may collect information from those third-party accounts, and any information that we collect will be governed by this Policy.
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
VI. Children’s Privacy
VII. Your California Privacy Rights
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Services.
If you have submitted personally identifiable information (e.g., name, address, email address, credit card number) through the Services and would like to change or delete that information, please contact us at www.acue.org/contact
VIII. International Users
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States of America. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States of America, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States of America. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
IX. Links to Third-Party Content
The Services may link to other sites and services that are operated and maintained by third parties. These third parties operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by us of the content or the persons or entities associated therewith. This Policy does not apply to third-party content. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party to whom you provide information.
X. Modifications to this Policy
We may modify this Policy at any time by posting revisions to the Services or providing other appropriate notice (e.g., a website banner). Your continued use of the Services after any modification to the Policy will constitute your acceptance of the new Policy.
XI. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, you may contact us at www.acue.org/contact.
Effective Date: August 15, 2015.