Gain proven techniques in using active learning, planning and facilitating discussions, and more.
ACUE’s microcredential course in Promoting Active Learning will provide you with practices proven to more actively engage your students in learning and thinking critically.
This course is organized around six competencies and takes approximately eight weeks to complete (4-6 weeks for graduate student version). You will learn with a professionally facilitated online cohort of faculty members, with whom you will share insights and ideas.
Competencies addressed in this course are aligned with ACUE’s Effective Practice Framework:
- Developing Effective Class Sessions and Lectures
- Teaching Powerful Note-taking Skills
- Using Groups to Ensure Active Learning
- Using the Active Learning Cycle
- Planning Effective Class Discussions
- Facilitating Engaging Class Discussions
Educators who complete the requirements for this open enrollment course earn a microcredential in “Promoting Active Learning.” This microcredential may be utilized in meeting partial requirements necessary to earn the American Council on Education (ACE) endorsed Certificate in Effective College Instruction.
Next course start dates:
- October 3 for faculty of all types. Application deadline September 30.
- January 23 for faculty of all types. Application deadline January 20.
- March 27 for faculty of all types. Application deadline March 24.