Hone your ability to motivate your students, provide clarity of expectations, develop self-directed learners, and more—in the online learning environment.
More students than ever are learning online, and faculty need more than the technical basics—they must be fully prepared to use pedagogical approaches that enhance students’ online experience.
Built on the same evidence-based pedagogy outlined in ACUE’s Effective Practice Framework, ACUE’s microcredential course, Inspiring Inquiry and Preparing Lifelong Learners in Your Online Course, addresses practices from motivating students to using visualization tools that deepen learning and help students take greater ownership for their own learning in a variety of online courses.
This course is organized around six competencies and takes approximately eight weeks to complete. You will learn with a professionally facilitated online cohort of faculty members, with whom you will share insights and ideas.
- Motivating Your Students
- Providing Clear Directions and Explanations in Your Online Courses
- Integrating Visualization Tools in Online Courses
- Using Data and Feedback to Improve Online Teaching
- Using Advanced Questioning in Online Courses
- Developing Self-Directed Online Learners
Educators who complete the requirements for this open enrollment course earn a microcredential in “Inspiring Inquiry and Lifelong Learning in Your Online Course.” This microcredential may be utilized in meeting partial requirements necessary to earn the American Council on Education (ACE) endorsed Certificate in Effective College Instruction.
Next course start dates:
- January 16 for faculty of all types. Application deadline January 13.
- March 20 for faculty of all types. Application deadline March 17.
- May 22 for faculty of all types. Application deadline May 19.
- July 24 for faculty of all types. Application deadline July 21.