Learn evidence-based practices for designing powerful learning outcomes, aligning all aspects of your course to support students in meeting those outcomes and planning a first day that ensures students are prepared to start strong.
ACUE’s microcredential in Designing Student-Centered Courses addresses the pedagogical approaches, as well as some technical basics, to help you design a course and course materials that support student success.
This course is organized around seven competencies and takes approximately eight weeks to complete.
Competencies addressed in this course are aligned with ACUE’s Effective Practice Framework:
- Establishing Powerful Learning Outcomes
- Aligning Assessments with Course Outcomes
- Aligning Activities and Assignments with Course Outcomes
- Developing Fair, Consistent, and Transparent Grading Practices
- Developing and Using Rubrics and Checklists
- Preparing an Effective Syllabus
Educators who complete the requirements for this open enrollment course earn a microcredential in “Designing Student-Centered Courses.” This microcredential may be utilized in meeting partial requirements necessary to earn the American Council on Education (ACE) endorsed Certificate in Effective College Instruction.
Interested in microcredentials for your institution?