Join a mission-driven organization with a team that is passionate about excellence in college education. Below are current career opportunities available at ACUE and submission guidelines to apply.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Partnerships, the Partnership Director is an integral team member responsible for building ACUE’s market position by assisting with business and partnership development, marketing, post-sale strategies, and operational tactics that will enable ACUE to achieve its goals. The successful candidate will work closely with ACUE’s Partnerships team as well as across functions to execute against ACUE’s growth strategy.
I. New Customer Acquisition, Account Management & Customer Satisfaction
- Initiate contact with potential customers to generate and qualify leads, promote ACUE’s work, and identify sales opportunities;
- Clearly and convincingly articulate the organization’s offerings and value proposition and overcome initial resistance from prospects;
- Develop and secure new system and institutional partners to adopt ACUE’s courses in effective college instruction;
- Manage and expand reach at existing partnerships within region;
- Identify areas to support partners to scale;
- Manage customer feedback loop to ensure customer satisfaction and that such input informs product development; and
- Implement CRM to track partnerships from inception through implementations.
II. Marketing Support
- Work closely with ACUE’s marketing – team to implement market-making strategies, conduct customer outreach activities and represent ACUE at conferences; and
- Assist with management of strategic partnerships.
Skills and Experience
- Proven success selling educational solutions into the US post-secondary or K-12 market, with experience working with System Leadership, Presidents, and Provost-level institutional leaders (or comparable business development experience);
- Experience selling online teaching and learning programs and related services, preferably in a training/professional development context;
- Results-oriented with a commitment to near-term revenue goals and long-term strategy;
- Experience negotiating and structuring complex, multi-year deals, RFPs, and contracts;
- Business and financial acumen to form strategic business and territory development plans;
- Exceptional communication skills to message and communicate the company’s vision and mission, and present to senior higher education leaders, advisors, and potential partners;
- Analytical abilities, including business and deal/financial modeling, pricing strategies and execution, and business case development; and
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where change is a constant.
- Based in territory with some travel within the region in the future
- Connection with/affinity for education and ACUE’s mission
A competitive compensation package will be provided commensurate with experience and responsibilities. This full-time position includes salary, incentive plan and benefits.
The Association of College and University Educators (ACUE) promotes student success through quality instruction. In partnership with colleges, universities, higher education systems and associations, ACUE prepares and credentials faculty in the evidence-based teaching practices that improve student achievement and close equity gaps. Numerous and independently validated efficacy studies confirm that students are more engaged, learn more, and complete courses in greater numbers—more equitably with their peers—when taught by ACUE-credentialed faculty. ACUE’s online, cohort-based credentialing programs are delivered through institutional partnerships and open enrollment courses endorsed by the American Council on Education.
To apply, please submit:
- A current CV or resume
- A cover letter which expresses your specific interest in and qualifications for this position. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Resumes or CVs and cover letters should be emailed to email@example.com. Please include “Partnership Director” in your subject line. Only emailed expressions of interest will be considered.