Learn practices to effectively welcome students to your online course in ways that support them and let them know that you are committed to their continued success, including the usage of specific methods like video, Q&A and social forums, as well as effective online communication techniques.
Let’s continue the discussion!
Please use the comment features at the bottom of this webpage to share your ideas, insights, and teaching practices. We also welcome you to Ask the Experts! ACUE online teaching and learning experts will monitor these discussion boards and respond to your question within one business day. We weren’t able to answer all of your questions during the one-hour webinar, so we have compiled some of them into this Q&A document.
April 2, 2020
- Webinar Recap
- Webinar Video Recording
- Webinar Audio Recording
- Transcript: Welcoming Students to Your Online Environment
- Q&A Document
- ACUE Online Teaching Toolkit
- AASCU Coronavirus Resources Page
- ACE Engage Coronavirus Guidance and Resources Group
- APLU Coronavirus Impact on Teaching & Learning
- CIC Website
- NASH Website
- OpenStax, Rice University’s nonprofit ed tech initiative, is committed to improving access to quality learning materials. OpenStax has developed a variety of resources including a list of over 20 educational technology products that are now available for free, new learning management system integration for OpenStax books, and subject specific lists of ancillary teaching and learning resources.
- Financial support for this free and open webinar series is provided by the Charles Koch Foundation.