Microlectures are short (6 minutes or less), instructor-produced videos that are designed using a structured format to provide effective explanations of a single key concept or specific skill set. Learn how to use this format to help maintain student attention and allow students to reengage with the content when and if needed.
Let’s continue the discussion!
Please use the join the discussion on the ACUE Forum to share your ideas, insights, and teaching practices. We also welcome you to Ask the Experts! ACUE online teaching and learning experts will monitor these discussion boards and respond to your question within one business day.
April 17, 2020
- Webinar Recap
- Webinar Video Recording
- Webinar Audio Recording
- Transcript: Recording Effective Microlectures
- Chat Transcript: Recording Effective Microlectures, which includes the hyperlinks to resources shared during the webinar.
- ACUE Online Teaching Toolkit
- AASCU Coronavirus Resources Page
- ACE Engage Coronavirus Guidance and Resources Group
- APLU Coronavirus Impact on Teaching & Learning
- CIC Website
- NASH Website
- OpenStax, Rice University’s nonprofit ed tech initiative, is committed to improving access to quality learning materials. OpenStax has developed a variety of resources including a list of over 20 educational technology products that are now available for free, new learning management system integration for OpenStax books, and subject specific lists of ancillary teaching and learning resources.
- Financial support for this free and open webinar series is provided by the Charles Koch Foundation.