Hone your ability to motivate your students, provide clarity of expectations, develop self-directed learners, and more.
ACUE’s micro-credential course in Inspiring Inquiry and Preparing Lifelong Learners addresses practices from motivating students to using visualization tools that deepen learning and help students take greater ownership for their own learning.
This course is organized around six competencies and takes approximately eight weeks to complete. You will learn with a professionally facilitated online cohort of faculty members, with whom you will share insights and ideas.
Competencies addressed in this course are aligned with ACUE’s Effective Practice Framework:
- Motivating Your Students (2D)
- Providing Clear Directions and Explanations (4A)
- Using Concept Maps and Other Visualization Tools (4B)
- Using Student Achievement and Feedback to Improve Your Teaching (5E)
- Using Advanced Questioning Techniques (4D)
- Developing Self-Directed Learners (4E)
Faculty who complete the requirements for this open enrollment course earn a micro-credential in “Creating an Inclusive and Supportive Learning Environment.” This micro-credential may be utilized in meeting partial requirements necessary to earn the American Council on Education (ACE) endorsed Certificate in Effective College Instruction
Want more details? Read our Open Enrollment FAQs
Enrollment Start Date TBD Spring 2020